Jul 25, 2016
01:50 - Puppets, Kafka, and the International Puppetry Festival:
07:58 - What can you do with puppets in Kafka that you wouldn't otherwise be able to do?
09:21 - Strange Interlude at Goodman: http://www.goodmantheatre.org/season/0809/a-global-exploration-eugene-oneill-in-the-21st-century/ http://www.neogregallen.com/strange-interlude/
13:01 - GarageBand occasionally inserts a bunch of static and skips into our recording. I filed a bug report with Apple when this happened in episode 130, but they have not gotten back to me.
17:06 - How Neo Futurists handled hecklers at the Goodman.
22:35 - Greg's rules of good theatre and Neo Futurism.
31:17 - How do the Neo Futurists write so many new plays every week?
32:51 - The Last Two Minutes of the Complete Works of Henrik Ibsen: http://neofuturists.org/events/the-last-two-minutes-of-the-complete-works-of-henrik-ibsen/ So to be produced at a theatre in Minnesota.
38:29 - How did Greg get hooked into the theatre scene?
44:15 - How would Greg describe his directing style?
49:11 - Would Greg be more interested in working with a playwright if it is the first or second production of a play?
52:04 - DuChampian Romp: http://neofuturists.org/events/a-duchampian-romp-even/
52:48 - Greg liked to go with his prop dilemmas to Devon Clark Hardware: https://clarkdevon.com
54:04 - Upcoming promotions
1) Directing a staged reading by Tom Stoppard September 17th w/Stone Hearth Theatre, called A Separate Peace: https://www.facebook.com/StoneHearthTheatre/
2) Writing a monologue for Kelly Corcoran for her to perform as Hillary Clinton in Sept. at Prop Theater along w/Jeff Dorchen & a couple of other playwrights: http://www.propthtr.org.
3) Working with Michael Montenegro on the works of Kafka, tentatively calling it "A Concatenation of Kafka," premiering in January 2017 at The Chicago International Puppet Festival: www.chicagopuppetfest.org.
4) Remounting Moby Dick at International Puppetry Festival in Jan. and a run next summer: http://www.chicagopuppetfest.org.
5) The Last Two Minutes of the Complete Works of Henry Ibsen will be performed at Commonwealth Theatre Company in April and May of 2017 in Lanesboro, Minnesota: www.commonwealtheatre.org.
6) Too Much Light runs in: Chicago http://neofuturists.org/toomuchlight/ New York http://www.nyneofuturists.org/too-much-light/ San Francisco http://www.sfneofuturists.com
7) Too Much Light book of plays has now been published by Playscripts
8) 30 Plays in 60 Minutes/Too Much Light productions are happening all over the world, such as in Taiwan, Rome & Tanzania.
1:01:15 - A title of Greg's that really stands out:
The Complete Lost Works of Samuel Beckett As Found In An Envelope (partially burned) In A Dustbin In Paris Labeled "Never to be performed. Never. EVER! Or I'll Sue! I'LL SUE FROM THE GRAVE!!!"
1:07:05 - Never-Landing: http://www.curioustheatrebranch.com/rhinofest/2015/shows/never_landing.php
1:14:50 - Crime and Punishment: http://neofuturists.org/events/crime-and-punishment/
Intro Music: "Are You Famous, Yet?" - Laura Scruggs. Outro Music: "The Devil Is In The Beats" - The Chemical Brothers